There are a number of organisations in Hertfordshire that can help you.
Beacon Support Service
If you do not want to involve the UK government or the police, then Hertfordshire has a local, confidential support service, called Beacon.
Independent from the National Referral Mechanism, UK Government and the police, this free and impartial service can provide emotional and practical support around the impact and effects of exploitation to you in Hertfordshire.
1. Housing Advice and Homelessness Support (By Council Area)
Phone: 01992 785555 Email: email@example.com
Phone: 01442 228000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Hertfordshire. To access support, click here.
Phone: 01279 655261 Email: email@example.com
Phone: 0208 207 2277 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Hertfordshire. To access support, click here.
Phone: 01462 474000 Online: Housing Assistance Referral Portal (www.north-herts.gov.uk/home/housing/housing-advice)
Phone: 01727 819355 Email: email@example.com
Phone: 01438 242242 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01923 776611 Email: email@example.com
Phone: 01923 226400 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 01707 357 613 Email: email@example.com
2. Employment Advice and Benefits Support (By Council Area)
Jobcentre Plus offers support to help you find a job, improve your job skills and claim for Jobseeker’s Allowance, Incapacity Benefit, Universal Credit, Support Allowance and Income Support.
3. Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support (By Council Area)
- Broxbourne Borough Council Benefits Phone: 01992 785577 Website: www.broxbourne.gov.uk/resident-benefits/benefits
- East Herts District Council Benefits Phone: 01279 655261 Website: www.eastherts.gov.uk/benefits
- Dacorum Borough Council Benefits Phone: 01442 228000 Website: www.dacorum.gov.uk/home/benefits
- Hertsmere Borough Council Benefits Phone: 020 8207 2277 Website: www.hertsmere.gov.uk/Benefits--Counciltax/Benefits/Benefits.aspx
- North Hertfordshire District Council Benefits Phone: 01462 474000 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) Website: www.north-herts.gov.uk/home/benefits
- Stevenage Borough Council Benefits Phone: 01438 242440 Website: www.stevenage.gov.uk/benefits
- St Albans City and District Benefits Advice Phone: 01727 819220 Website: www.stalbans.gov.uk/housing/benefits/default.aspx
- Three Rivers District Council Benefits Advice Phone: 01923773138 Website: www.threerivers.gov.uk/egcl-page/benefits
- Watford Borough Council Benefit Advice Service Phone: 01923 226400 Website: www.watford.gov.uk/info/20229/benefits
- Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Benefits Service Phone: 01707 357 000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.welhat.gov.uk/benefits
4. Legal Advice and Representation
To access accredited and approved legal advice and representation in Hertfordshire, visit: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/.
- Use 'quick search' to find the nearest accredited and approved legal adviser who can help you with your legal issue.
- Just choose a legal issue from the list and enter your location (postcode, town or city).
- If you need more help using the website, look at the online help section, complete the enquiry form or call 020 7320 5650 (Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00 charged at local call rates).
Citizen's Advice Hertfordshire
Citizen's Advice provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone across Herfordshire on their rights and responsibilities. Specifically, this advice centres around benefits, work, debt and money, consumer rights, family, housing, law and courts, Immigration and health.
Phone: 03444 111 444
Herts Help (Hospital and Community Navigation Service - HCNS)
A free countywide Social Prescribing Service for Hertfordshire, designed to support individuals to improve and maintain health and wellbeing.
Herts Young Homeless
Free service empowering young people to be able to deal with the difficult situations in their lives, giving them the ability and confidence to ‘do it themselves’ and ultimately find stability.
New Hope (Watford)
A free service which exists to serve individuals who are homeless or vulnerably-housed through the provision of accommodation and opportunities to transform lives.
Mind in Mid Herts
Provider of mental health services in Mid Hertfordshire, with wellbeing centres in St. Albans, Stevenage, Hertford and Welwyn Garden City.
A charity offering support and assistance to anyone who is working in the sex industry in Hertfordshire.
Migrant and Refugee Children’s Legal Unit (MiCLU)
A specialist legal and policy hub based at the Islington Law Centre in London.
They represent young people:
- who have been displaced by war
- are fleeing abuse
- trafficked into the UK for exploitation and slavery
- separated from their families and effectively “invisible” in terms of civil and legal status because of immigration laws.
Aldwyck Housing Group
A housing association offering a range of housing support services. This includes affordable homes to rent or buy, supported living schemes for the Hertfordshire area, as well as accommodation and support services for both elderly and young people.